Sunday, March 11, 2012

It's Time to Cook!!!

Finally, we are mostly unpacked! We LOVE the kitchen and the design really works for us. Lon and I both like to cook, but Lon has been cooking up some yummy meals these past few weeks. Lucky me! :)

Here's the final product!













I thought I'd give you a list of all the kitchen products we used. The kitchen cabinets are from MidContinent and all installation and design was provided by Leighton Mire @ Stine Lumber. Stine also provided the white Cambria quartz counter tops. All of the Schaub hardware was also provided by Stine. I LOVE the backsplash tile which is from The Floor Store of Acadiana. Just ask for Reagan-she's great! The island lighting is from Shades of Light which I used for several fixtures throughout the house. The barn lights above the range area are from ATG Lighting. I love these Tolix bar stools and they were such a bargain! I found them on Overstock for $75 for 2 stools! Lastly, I've had these original paintings of desserts for several years and I love them in their new spot. They were painted by Janice Cartier, who is a fellow New Orleanian living in Dallas since Hurricane Katrina. These are some of my little treasures that move with me from house to house. :)

On to the next room...I'll be back soon!

6 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS. Everything looks like it came straight from a design magazine -- I think that you missed your calling as a high-end decorator! I like my house just fine, but I am downright envious of yours... I love the combination of clean/contemporary with livable. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karen! I do think that I would love to design as a profession, but for now I'm obsessed with it as a hobby :)

      Delete
  2. Absolutely beautiful. Keep posting pics and writing. Sooooo inspirational

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Ash! Love it and can't wait to see more pics! I bet you can make lots of lace cookies in that kitchen!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kel. The kitchen is awesome! It works really well with just the right amount of space :) Come visit and I'll make you lace cookies!

      Delete