Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The House That Ray Built

I've always heard that the key to building a house is having a good, reputable builder. Well, I cannot say enough about MY builder. LR Mitchell Construction is a father/son team who are the BEST! They have made this process as easy as building a custom home can be. All of their sub-contractors are of the highest quality. (For a "detail-oriented" person like me, that says A LOT!) Ray Mitchell of LR Mitchell is always responsive and I highly recommend him as a builder. 

The other key to building a house is having a WONDERFUL husband who lets you do whatever you want. :) He trusts my choices and if he doesn't like something that I've picked out, we compromise and pick something else. Thanks, Honey!


So, we've got stucco, tile/wood flooring and a kitchen! I could not have done all of this without the help of several vendors. 

Reagan @ The Floor Store was so great to work with and has the patience of a saint. I'm sure it's common, but I've changed my mind about 1,000 times. I'll show ALL my tile/flooring choices in later posts-so stay tuned! 

Another major decision for me was cabinets and counter tops.  It was great to be able to get both cabinets and counter tops from one vendor-Stine Lumber. All cabinets throughout the house are made by Mid Continent Cabinetry. The kitchen and master bath counter tops are made by Cambria. My vendor Leighton was so great and very responsive throughout the entire process.

Here's a sneak peek:







No comments:

Post a Comment